Holiday Gift Guide- 2013
Well it’s happened! The turkey has been eaten and we are officially in full Christmas swing. T’is the season for shopping. 🙂
If you are wondering what to get all those amazing people in your life- look no further than dun da dun…
Here you’ll find something for everyone on your list- your super techie friend, that relative you never know what to buy for, or that special young’n in your life… it’s all here and ready for you! Natural, Healthy, Active, Awesome presents!
Your Best Friend
- The Believe I Am Training Journal is a journal made just for women by two amazing women athletes; Lauren Fleshman and Ro McGettigan. This training journal not only has a place for logging all those miles, but it also is a fabulous motivational tool with places to track goals, review races, along with many many many inspirational cues (quotes, visuals, etc). It’s a beautiful training journal that really works to hone an individual in on their goals and aspirations.
- For that new mom or online junkie, Daily Burn offers amazing workouts available on Apple TV, Roku, your laptop, smartphone, or most other devices. You can create your own custom program (easy, intermediate, advanced, 15 min, 30 min, 60 min) and get the motivation you need in the comfort of your own home. The workouts have everything from kettlebells and bodyweight workouts to yoga and dance. Something for everyone!
- Printed leggings are all over the place right now. Help your bestie win “Best Dressed” at the gym with these super cute printed leggings by Prana. They come in a myriad of styles and prints; ready for anything from yoga class, to a trip to Starbucks.
- Whisk her away to a summer garden with this beautiful soy-based candle. With scents like thyme or wild tomato it’s easy to forget you’re in the middle of winter. When spring hits, remind her to plant the packaging and watch as those very scents grow right out of the ground.
- Remind a friend why she is so amazing and loved with this I Am… Necklace by artist Maryann Dolzani. One token states, “I Am”, while the other is customizable up to 8 characters. Every time she wears it she will remember that she is… Fierce, Loved, Worthy, Lovely, Beauty… What an amazing gift to be able to give a friend.
Your Teenage Niece or Nephew
- This Magnetic Dartboard Set is a great way to keep teens and preteens entertained during the cold winter months. Helps improve hand-eye coordination and this set is safe for your walls as there are no sharp ends. It’s a win-win!
- Every teen girl loves to play with makeup, but most are loaded with toxic chemicals and additives. Instead, give this awesome all natural, organic DIY Lip Balm Kit and know that it also provides a job-skills learning opportunity for women in the D.C. area.
- Any teen would be excited to receive this Portable Ping-Pong set for the holidays. A great gift to keep everyone entertained all winter long- it’s ready to help resolve any sibling conflict this season too. 🙂
- Toning For Teens by Joyce L. Vedral is an amazingly accessible, no frills guide to strength training for young women. Vedral does an amazing job of not offering quick fixes or crazy diets but instead offers simple easy to follow guides to better health.
- Get your teen off to the right start in 2014 with a yoga starter kit from Gaiam. Gaiam is one of the most trusted yoga instructional material providers and offers a great introduction to the movement and mindset of yoga.
- The Extreme Stunt Wall Coaster is a great way to keep your budding engineer busy for hours. Build, test, mix and match; it’s great for a wide range of ages.
- The Kinetic-Powered LED Sparkler Jump Rope will get kids up and moving. This jump rope has no batteries and requires movement to glow! It’s a great way to get them active and teach them about where energy comes from.
- It doesn’t get much more fun for little one’s than this Monster Bowling set by Melissa and Doug. A great way to keep them active indoors when it’s too wet or cold outside to play.
- You Are a Lion! and Other Yoga poses by Taeeun Yoo is a playful book that teaches simple yoga poses in an entertaining and beautifully way. As you read it with your little one- try out the poses; flutter like a butterfly, roar like a lion- it’s great fun that’s shares the love of yoga with even the youngest of children.
- This simple unassuming toy can bring hours of fun! If you think your kids are stuck inside because of snowy weather, think again; send them out with Flexible Flyer’s Snow Block Mold and watch as an igloo forms before your very eyes. Great in the summer for sand castles too! Gets your kids outdoors and active!
- Unleash his inner Anthony Bourdain with this Scratch Map from Uncommongoods. He’ll be able to chart his adventures abroad as well as near home. Add the Scratch Travel Journal for a complete set!
- Provide him with a great way to put together a workout at home or on the go with Fit Deck. Each card in the deck provides a different exercise with a written and visual description. With themes such as Bodyweight, Kettlebells, Core Blast, Plyometrics, and more; you’re bound to find one that’s just right for him. *A great stocking stuffer*
- Fight cold weather workouts with Icebreaker’s Pursuit Long Sleeve Half Zip. As a beautiful mid-weight piece; it can be used for a wide variety of purposes- exercising, working outdoors, or for travel and leisure. The merino wool repels stink so your man will always be smelling fresh. 🙂 And can I say- my husband LOVE LOVE LOVES everything from Icebreaker? From boxer briefs, to t-shirts, to hoodies- he wears their clothing ALL THE TIME!
- If your man doesn’t like to get slowed down with wires but likes working out with music he will love the new Jabra Sport Wireless+ Headphones. With bluetooth connectivity, a no-slip design, and even FM radio capabilities- nothing can stop him now!
- If you didn’t see my review of Matt Fitzgerald’s new book, The New Rules of Marathon and Half-Marathon Nutrition check it out here! This book will give your hunny a great understanding of the how’s and why’s of fueling for training, races, and recovery. It’s informative, easy to grasp, and concise. A must read for any runner.
- The handmade Buddha Cup is perfect for morning coffee, a great snack, or a cup of afternoon tea. It’s unique design fits comfortably in hand while combining beautiful design with ergonomic functionality.
- Made of recycled glass, this Air Plant Terrarium is not only beautiful but easy on the environment. It comes with sand and four air plants, which are beautiful yet require very low maintenance. You can also order the terrarium alone and use it as a vase for floating flowers or found objects.
- Keep feet warm this winter with VivaTerra’s Softly Eco Slippers. With a removable, machine washable liner, it’s easy to keep these slippers clean and cozy. An outdoor sole provides traction while the felted wool outer shell keeps feet toasty warm. You can also be glad in knowing that proceeds from every sale go to support clean drinking water projects in Kenya.
- Gift those you love, with a fun gadget this holiday season- the Zapi Toothbrush Sanitizer. Using all-natural UV light, it sanitizes up to 99.9% of germs and bacteria without any use of chemicals.
- For those getting up in years ;), gift them with this Yoga for Back Care Kit. It provides not only the Gaiam Back Care Yoga DVD by the amazing Rodney Yee (love him!!) which strengthens and builds core and back muscles, but also the Restore Massage Therapy Kit which uses 2 different sized massage balls to release tension and open up tight muscles. Great for building flexibility and stabilization.
Yourself! – you deserve it 🙂
- Dollar Shave Club offers not only a way to save money on your shave products, but time as well since they are shipped straight to your door. Great for men and women, choose from 1 of 3 types and receive monthly replacement shipments for as little as $1 a month. My husband and I both use the 4X and love it!
- Cuddle up on Christmas morning with this fun pj set from Life Is Good. A great reminder to take life as it comes and enjoy the small victories in every day.
- Treat yourself to something new each month with the Greatist Parcel. Each month Greatist chooses new health focused products and sends them right to your door. It might be yummy spice mixes, biodegradable dishsoap, a workout dvd, meditation music, and so much more. It’s like Christmas all year long!
- Typical nail polishes are full of nasty ingredients such as formaldehyde, and DBP. Instead, this winter try Zoya natural nail polish for your holiday mani/pedi. They come in so many amazing colors and finishes you’ll never feel like you ever had to “sacrifice” to go-green.
- If you’re ready to take your fitness to the next level, but don’t want to join a gym, check out Jillian Michael’s Body Revolution DVD set. Jillian pushes and motivates you with 15 different workouts, a meal plan, journal, and more. In 90 days you’ll feel stronger, leaner, and more confidant in all the amazing things your body can do.
There you have it!!! The Rihel Life’s 2013 Holiday Gift Guide. I hope this guide has given you lots of ideas and options for all those amazing people in your life!
Love and joy,